Thursday, April 26, 2012

Food Inspiration

I have to start with a confession. I have percolated on the idea of starting a food blog for a couple of years now. Years. But I have a fear of commitment. Mostly, it's the realization that the web has born a gluttony of food-related blogs - and if a new one is born, it needs to be special, it needs to have an inspirational purpose of some sort.

I think I've figured it out. I'm inspired daily (and luckily, sometimes many times daily). A lot of the most joyful inspiration in my life centers around food, cooking and eating - and those I enjoy it with. I'm hoping to extend that experience and share with others. As part of the journey, I'll be able to reflect on and re-experience those dishes and joys.

As for the name, Savory Saturdays comes because despite the best of intentions during the week, my most dedicated days in the kitchen are Saturdays.

And last of all, I've recently joined a group of self-proclaimed foodies in a group blogging adventure. Find us over at 14foodies.blogspot.com. When it came time for my first post there, I was so inspired by the recipes I found, I decided I wanted to share beyond that blog. And thus, Savory Saturdays...


No comments:

Post a Comment